Even though we love social media every day of the year, tomorrow we’re giving some extra special props to the tools that help us do our jobs because – it’s social media day 2012! Since this is the global day of sharing, make sure you do everything you can to connect across all of your channels using our handy checklist below:
Checklist for social media day:
- Post at least one Facebook status that says Happy Social Media Day! and add at least one new friend
- Check in to at least two places that you go on FourSquare and leave one review
- Pin 20 things to your Pinterest board
- Write a blog post about how much you love social media
- Write a 5 star Yelp review for your favorite restaurant
- Instagram a picture
- Make a visit to your Google Plus page and see what’s going on – just kidding.
- Scan one QR code (you’re allowed to judge the website if it’s not capable of mobile access)
- Try playing around with one new social media tool – if only to see why everyone talks about it – Path, Highlight, SCVNGR,
- Tweet happy tweets from your Twitter account all day, and follow 5 new people
and while you’re at it…
Check out the official celebration! Mashable is hosting meetups in 510 cities across the globe! Houston’s will be at Yardhouse and more information is available here. Will you be celebrating Social Media Day 2012?